13th December 2022 Market Updates
FPG Fortune Prime Global Overnight headlines
US consumer price information for November will be made public on Wednesday. The Federal Reserve’s policymakers will meet for two days starting tomorrow; a statement is expected on Thursday.
The local currency fell by 0.9% while the Bloomberg dollar spot index increased by 0.4%.
Bitcoin’s price on bitstamp.net dropped by 1.3% to $US17,019.
The US 10-year note’s yield increased by 3 basis points to 3.61 percent.
Energy led all 11 of the S&P 500’s industry sectors up on Wall Street.
- Down 0.7% to 67.51 US cents in AUD
- Bitcoin fell 0.6% to $17,062 USD
- Dow up 1.6% on Wall Street S&P +1.4% Nasdaq rose 1.3%
- Stoxx 50 in Europe fell by 0.5% FTSE –0.4% CAC –0.5% DAX -0.4%
- Spot gold fell by 0.9% to $1781.89 USD/oz.
- Brent crude increased 2% to US$77.63 per barrel.
- Iron ore fell by 1.9% to US$110.25 a tonne.
- US 3.61% Australia 3.38% Germany 1.93% 10-year yield
Local: Westpac-MI consumer confidence in December,November business survey by NAB
Overseas data: German final CPI for November; ILO October unemployment rate for the UK; Wednesday’s US November CPI data